LEAP OF KINDESS DAY
What is Leap of Kindness Day?
The Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce introduces Leap of Kindness Day on February 29, 2024, and invites you to join in. Leap of Kindness Day originated from the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce in 2016 with the aim of encouraging members and communities to dedicate their extra day in Leap Year to acts of kindness. In 2016, hundreds of local organizations assisted thousands of people, and the momentum continued to grow in 2020 when over 200 chambers across the US, Canada, and Ireland joined in.
The Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce urges everyone in the community to participate in Leap of Kindness Day this year and contribute to this movement of compassion. Businesses, municipalities, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to donate their time, skills, and resources to support local charities, churches, non-profits, and to express gratitude to first responders, teachers, school bus drivers, Veterans, and others.
Join Us in Person February 29th!
9:00 - 11:00 AM: Coffee with a Cop
Chamber staff will be attending this event hosted by JCPD and McDonalds (10975 State Bridge Rd) and use the opportunity to thank our local police department. We encourage all community members to do the same!
12:00 - 1:00 PM : Stop by The Pampered Peach Wax Bar for their Ribbon Cutting Celebration
One of the kindest things you can do for a small business owner is support their endeavors- and it doesn't always have to be monetary.
Attending a ribbon cutting ceremony is an opportunity to spread kindness and positivity by showing your enthusiasm and encouragement for their success, fostering a sense of community and support.
1:00 - 4:00 PM: We are using this time to intentionally spread kindness to the community.
Ways to Spread Kindness to Local Businesses:
- Eat lunch at a local restaurant
- Leave a 5 star review
- Tell all your friends about why you love the business
- Tell the business owner how much you love the business- who doesn't love a good complement for their hard work?
Ways to Spread Kindness in the Community
- Smile: a simple smile can brighten someone's day and make them feel noticed and appreciated.
- Compliment someone: Offer a genuine compliment to a friend, colleague, or even a stranger.
- Say Thank You: Express gratitude to people who help you, whether it's a cashier, coworker, or family member.
- Send a kind message: Let people know you're thinking of them.
- Donte you gently used clothing and household items
- Pick up litter: Take a few minutes to pick up trash you see in your neighborhood or local park.
- Volunteer at a local charity or community organization.
4:00 - 6:00 PM: Visit Addington Place at Johns Creek - Assisted Living Facility
Chamber staff will be delivering small gift bags to the residents of Addington Place which each include a handwritten letter. We will also spend time to appreciate the staff of Addington Place with some special treats from Seven Sisters Kitchen.
Spending time at an assisted living facility offers a meaningful opportunity to spread kindness and positivity by brightening the residents' day with companionship, conversation, and heartfelt interactions. Your presence can bring joy and comfort to residents, creating memories and fostering a sense of belonging and connection with the community.
Stay tuned on social media to see everything we do!