Autrey Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center
- Parks / Recreation
- Community Organizations
- Non-Profit Organizations
The Autrey Mill Nature Preserve and Heritage Center features 46 acres of woodlands, 2 miles of nature trails, a winding creek, pavilions, historic buildings, heritage gardens, a nature center and animal exhibits. Owned by the City of Johns Creek, the preserve is operated by the Autrey Mill Nature Preserve Association, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization formed in 1989 that protects and improves the preserve and provides environmental, heritage, and event programming.
Autrey Mill hosts 4 signature events each year - Wild Weekend in April, Smithsonian Day in September, Spooky Mill in October, and Scout Day in November. Other programming offered includes guided nature hikes, tours of the historic buildings, classes focused on natural sciences and cultural history, Summer Camps, Scout programs, Home School classes, and Birthday Parties.
Autrey Mill's Heritage Village provides a unique setting for weddings, receptions, family reunions, business meetings, retreats, and civic association events. Rental facilities include a mid-1800s church, 1870s Victorian farmhouse, pole barn, and ourdoor amphitheater.
- Non-profit 501(c)3 community supported organization
- 46 acres of woodlands with 2 miles of nature trails
- Heritage Village created from restored local landmark buildings
- Nature & Heritage Programs for all ages: classes, tours, hikes, school trips, home school, camps, birthday parties
- Volunteer opportunities
Whom to Contact
- Lizen HayesExecutive Director9770 Autrey Mill RdJohns Creek, GA 30022Phone: (678) 366-3511
Entrance is located on Old Alabama Road, 2 miles west of rt-141.